ATTEND via WEBCAST
Remediating Blight in Philadelphia Using the Pennsylvania Abandoned and Blighted Property Conservatorship Act
How to Expand Use of the Law in Its Second Decade
PA Act 135, the Abandoned and Blighted Property Conservatorship Act, provides “a mechanism to transform abandoned and blighted buildings into productive reuse [which] is an opportunity for communities to modernize, revitalize, grow, and improve the quality of life for the neighbors.” The purpose of this Pennsylvania Conservatorship law is to remediate abandoned and blighted properties under Court supervision.
In this video-encore program, panelists address the following topics:
• Evaluating properties for potential conservatorships
• Petitioning the Court for conservatorship under the law and understanding the special considerations when the respondents are decedents estates, trusts and charitable organizations
• Representing respondents, including those who desire to make repairs under Court supervision
• Representing intervenors, such as lienholders, secured creditors and other interested parties
• Handling some of the typical challenges presented in many of these complex cases
The Pennsylvania Conservatorship law is a powerful tool that is being used by community organizations and developers to address the problem of persistently vacant and blighted buildings across the state. Attend this program and learn best practices for success in implementing the law into your practice.
Community Design Collaborative
Hon. Ann M. Butchart
Court of Common Pleas, Trial Division – Civil
First Judicial District
Judy F. Berkman, Esq.
Regional Housing Legal Services
Richard L. Vanderslice, Esq.
Richard L. Vanderslice, P.C.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML15 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML15 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML15 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!