ALL SPEAKERS LIVE via WEBCAST
2021 Virtual Bench Bar & Annual Conference
Join fellow Association members, judges and colleagues for the Philadelphia Bar Association 2021 Virtual Bench-Bar and Annual Conference! The day-long conference on Friday, Oct. 1 boasts 16 dynamic and timely educational sessions offering a wealth of practical information, updates, and tips and techniques to enhance your advocacy skills and practice. Attendees have the opportunity to earn up to a total of 8.0 CLE/CJE credits.
Celebrate the return of Bench-Bar with an evening of networking and socializing from 5:30-9:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 30 at Franklin's View, an open-air Cescaphe venue in Franklin Square, 200 N. 6th St. The reception will also honor our 93rd Chancellor, Hon. A. Michael Snyder (ret.), and the winner of the 2021 Justice Brennan Distinguished Jurist Award.
The conference will highlight programming, such as:
- Resolving Multiparty, Mass and Class Actions with ADR
- The Impact of Cannabinoids On Health and Safety
- Return to Work from the Perspectives of Tax Law and Labor & Employment Law (2 sessions)
- Lawyers and the Legislative Process: Navigating Post-Pandemic Harrisburg
- Maintaining and Growing Effective Client Relationships Virtually
- Lawyers Don’t Discriminate, Right? - 8.4(g) & Anti-Discrimination in the Legal Profession
- The Continuing Border Dilemma, Broken Immigration System and Potential Solutions
- Effective Civil Trial Techniques
- Navigating Language Access and Cultural Competency Issues in the Courtroom
(Detailed course descriptions and confirmed faculty updates are listed below, including credit allotment)
- 8:00 a.m. - Conference Links Open
- 8:15 a.m. - Chancellor, Bench Bar Chair and CLE Director Announcements
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. - Morning CLE Plenaries - 2 Concurrent Sessions (choose ONLY one)
- 9:30 - 9:45 a.m. - BREAK
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. - 3 Concurrent Sessions (choose ONLY one) - Substantive/Ethics depends upon session attended
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - BREAK
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Chancellor's Luncheon CLE Plenary (1.5 SUB CLE credit)
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. - 3 Concurrent Sessions (choose ONLY one) - Substantive/Ethics depends upon session attended
- 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. - BREAK
- 2:45 - 4:15 p.m. - 3 Concurrent Sessions (choose ONLY one) - Substantive/Ethics depends upon session attended
- 4:15 - 4:30 p.m. - BREAK
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Closing Plenary (1.0 ETH CLE credit)
You must choose your break-out sessions in advance so that we can assign the correct links to your registration. You may NOT move between break-out sessions, so please review each description for ease of decision-making. Registration into the closing plenary session is automatic.
Conference registration includes admittance to the Thursday evening Welcome Reception. Please ADD to your itinerary below if you plan to attend the Welcome Reception.
Please see description and faculty information within each listed session below.
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!