June 2021 Probate & Trust Law Section Quarterly Meeting
SPEAKERS LIVE via WEBCAST
Practicing in Uncertain Times: Adjusting to Estate Planning and Administration in the Midst of a Pandemic
This past year has been a challenging time for all of us, but not without its opportunity for growth. The CLE presentation will begin with an examination of the current operations of local Orphans’ Courts and the region’s Registers of Wills, and provide an update on remote notarization and document execution. Panelists will then share pandemic-era challenges and success stories. Lastly, panelists will address estate, gift and income tax planning in our present uncertain environment.
Our panelists will offer guidance on the following topics:
• Current practice in the region’s Orphans’ Courts
• Different approaches to probate taken by local Registers of Wills
• Update on remote notarization and remote execution of estate planning documents
• Recent planning, fiduciary litigation and administration successes and challenges
• Federal estate, gift and income tax planning for 2021 - tips for taking advantage of current laws with an eye toward what the future may hold
Please join your colleagues in the Probate & Trust Law Section to hear an update on estate planning and administration practice in these unusual times.
Neal G. Wiley, Esq.
Alexander & Pelli, LLC
Franca Tavella, Esq.
Shabrei M. Parker, Esq.
Mincey Fitzpatrick & Ross, LLC
Michelle Hong, Esq.
Senior Vice President and Managing Wealth Advisor
* This CLE is eligible to be taken for free as part of the six free CLE credits given to members in good standing. To take advantage of this benefit, enter the promo code MBRSFREE21 at checkout.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY!
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML2 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML2 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML2 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!