SPEAKERS LIVE via WEBCAST
Boiled Up In Boilerplate: Seven Ways to Improve Your Contract Drafting
Sponsored and Presented by:
Boilerplate provisions are often cut and paste from one contract to another without much thought about the potential impact of their use. However, these clauses conceal significant legal and business implications that can produce unwanted future results if not tailored to the specific circumstances of the transaction.
In this CLE presentation, featured speaker, Claude DuCloux, will address the dangers of using “my old form” for standard contract provisions, and examine numerous ethical situations and implication of negligent drafting.
This program will offer guidance on the following topics:
• Defining how boilerplate differs from essential clauses
• Steps to understanding, examining and communicating to your client;
• Choice of Law; Forum selection
• Notice [method for giving notice to other side]
• Non-reliance (“Integration Clause”)
• Waiver of Consequential damage; Third-party Beneficiaries
• Alternate Dispute Resolution – Arbitration/Mediation
• Contract Ethics – Duties of Competence, Conflicts of Interest,
• Doing business with Client and Duty of Truth in Statements to Others
• Best Practices when reviewing boilerplate
Attend this program to hear how to avoid the pitfalls of standard boilerplate provisions and learn seven ways improve your contract drafting.
Claude E. Ducloux, Esq.
Director of LawPay Education, Ethics and Compliance
LawPay Affinity Solutions
Mr. Ducloux speaks regularly on Legal Ethics, Law Office Management, and Trial-Related topics. In 2011, he won the highest statewide award from the State Bar of Texas for lifetime contribution to CLE, and has been invited to speak in more than 250 programs in since Jan 1, 2015, and has more than 100 published columns and papers. Mr. Ducloux has a long legacy of bar service, and on January 1, 2018, was appointed to the Supreme Court of Texas Disciplinary Rules & Referenda Committee. He is Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and Past President of the Austin Bar Association, and Past-Chair of the Texas Bar Foundation and Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
* This CLE is eligible to be taken for free as part of the six free CLE credits given to members in good standing. To take advantage of this benefit, enter the promo code MBRSFREE21 at checkout.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES:FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY!