Back to the Future: Unravelling Four Years of Immigration Policy Changes and Laws
Hosted by the Immigration Law Committee
After over 400 dizzying changes to the immigration policies, procedures and laws under the Trump Administration, the Biden Administration seeks to roll back/delete many portions of the prior administration’s immigration agenda and revamp United States immigration policy.
In this timely CLE program, panelists will address the following issues among others:
• The legal procedure for effectuating change—which “changes” can be made with a mere swipe of a pen from the Oval Office and which require notice and comment in the Federal Register?
• Lessons learned from court challenges to the Trump Administration’s Executive Actions and drafting errors—will the new Administration repeat them?
• Proposed and expected legislative bills from the White House, Democrats and Republicans
• Current court cases and the issues which may ultimately wind up before the Supreme Court
• The “real time” impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Biden Immigration agenda
Practitioners from every area of the law will benefit from this program. Join your colleagues in the first program in the immigration CLE series as panelists turn the clock “Back to the Future” in 2021 to ensure that future immigration laws are responsive to your clients’ and our country’s needs!
Wendy Castor Hess, Esq.
Partner, Landau, Hess, Simon, Choi & Doebley, Philadelphia
Co-Chair, Immigration Law Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
Neil S. Dornbaum, Esq.
Partner; Co-chair, Corporate Immigration and Global Mobility practice
Connell & Foley, Roseland, NJ
Member, ABA's Commission on Immigration
Lawrence H. Rudnick, Esq.
Rudnick Immigration Group P.C.
Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, Esq.
Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Samuel Weiss Faculty Scholar, Clinical Professor of Law
Director, Center for Immigrants’ Rights Clinic
Penn State Law, University Park
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML3 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML3 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML3 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!