Attend via Webcast!
VIDEO ENCORE: Ethical Issues for Attorneys Serving on a Nonprofit Board
Many attorneys have the opportunity to join a nonprofit board throughout their careers. For anyone, this can be a very rewarding experience, bring opportunities to improve one’s skills, make valuable connections, and help a cause that is personally meaningful. However, whether you are a new or experienced attorney, there are many ethical considerations to take into account before serving.
This video-encore program will provide an in-depth look at common ethical issues lawyers encounter and provide practical tips for those considering serving or already serving on a nonprofit board. Some topics covered will include:
• Proper due diligence: what questions to ask and documents to request before joining
• Understanding organizational structure
• Understanding your role as a board member and how you can help with business decisions, risk management, and legal decisions
• Serving as legal counsel and a director
• Duties and limitations in the role of the attorney on a nonprofit board according to rules of professional conduct
• Conflicts of interest and board member fiduciary duties
• Board member limited liability, D&O insurance, and indemnification
• Other ethical issues that may arise in the course of Board service
Jeffery A. Dailey, Esq.
Philadelphia, PA / Media, PA / New York, NY
Noel A. Fleming, Esq.
Fleming Petenko Law
Kayci D. Petenko, Esq.
Fleming Petenko Law
* This CLE is eligible to be taken for free as part of the six free CLE credits given to members in good standing. To take advantage of this benefit, enter the promo code MBRSFREE21 at checkout.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML2 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML2 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML2 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!