SPEAKERS LIVE via WEBCAST
2020 Tax Section Annual Meeting and CLE
State and Local Tax in 2020: A Year of Blockbuster Developments Happening Almost Every Day
This advanced CLE program is designed to provide tax lawyers with insight into the reactions of state and local taxing authorities to developments as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with a particular emphasis on Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and New Jersey. Panelists will address the recent trends in nexus post Wayfair and the impact of remote workforces on business’s nexus profile, apportionment, and compliance obligations. Trends in other states will also be discussed.
Additional program topics include the following:
• State and local response to COVID-19 and reaction to the CARES Act
• Recent nexus developments and update on Wayfair
• Impact of remote workforce during COVID-19 and beyond
• Fiscal update and what’s next for Pennsylvania and Philadelphia budgets
• COVID-19’s effect on real estate value and update on appeals post Valley-Forge Towers
• Sourcing after Synthes and other important Pennsylvania and Philadelphia updates
Join your colleagues for valuable updates and developments in state and local taxation during pandemic times.
Ilya A. Lipin, Esq.
BDO USA, LLP
Jennifer W. Karpchuk, Esq.
John Damin, CPA, JD
Deloitte Tax LLP
Paul R. Morcom, Esq.
McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC
Jonathan Liss, Esq.
Senior Revenue Policy Analyst
City of Philadelphia
After the CLE concludes, there will be a short break and then join your Philadelphia Bar Tax Section colleagues for a lunch hour with our featured guest speaker, Maurice B. Foley, Chief Judge of the United States Tax Court, the annual meeting and election, and networking via multiple breakout sessions to round out the afternoon. All sessions will be conducted remotely. (Details to come.)
• 10:00-12:00: CLE
• 12:00-12:30: Break
• 12:30-1:30: Lunch hour with Guest Speaker, Meeting and Election (NOT FOR CLE credit)
• 1:30-2:30: Networking via multiple breakout sessions
DON'T MISS THE 2020 TAX SECTION ANNUAL MEETING & CLE! Enjoy a great CLE program and end the year with colleagues in a festive atmosphere.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML2 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML2 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML2 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!