PANELISTS LIVE via WEBCAST
The 2020 Election and Health Care Law – Issues at Stake
Hosted by the Healthcare Law Committee
The outcome of the 2020 presidential election will not only make news, but it may influence the future of health care — no matter which candidate claims victory. From payments to policies, to prescriptions, health care is one of the hottest items on the ticket. This timely CLE addresses issues at stake in the 2020 Election affecting health care law. Panelists will offer guidance on three main areas:
- Health care payers are closely watching the 2020 election in an attempt to predict potential policy outcomes and how they will have to adjust their strategies as a result. Discover a few ways different election outcomes may affect payer strategy moving into 2021.
Learn how COVID-19 has and will continue to shape our thinking about balancing access to drug products with confirmed safety and efficacy, as well as how to value those products once they become commercially available. While drug pricing legislation enjoys at least some bi-partisan support, the national conversation around a COVID vaccine has been and will likely continue to be a political issue during and following the 2020 election.
- Hear potential implications of the 2020 election for the Justice Department’s individual accountability initiatives, enforcement of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the roles of relators in False Claims Act litigation, and COVID-19 pandemic-related fraud and abuse investigations and prosecutions.
Join your colleagues for this examination of health care law issues at stake in the 2020 Election.
Lindsay D. Breedlove, Esq.
North American Brand Counsel
Laura McClammer, Esq.
Antonio M. Pozos, Esq.
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!