VIDEO ENCORE: Philadelphia Emergency Housing Protection Act and Eviction Diversion Program
FREE ONLY to those who VOLUNTEER to Become a Mediator for the Eviction Diversion Program!
This timely video-encore CLE program will prepare attendees to serve as volunteer mediators for Philadelphia’s new Eviction Diversion Program (EDP). The EDP provides an opportunity for landlords and tenants to participate in (free) mediation before an eviction complaint is filed, in cases where a tenant has been unable to pay rent due to a COVID-related financial hardship.
Panelists will address the following topics among others:
• Background on Evictions in Philadelphia
• Basics of Landlord-Tenant Law
• The Eviction Process, Step-by-Step
• New Legislation Affecting Evictions in Philadelphia, including:
o Emergency Housing Protection Act
o PA CARES Act
o CDC Eviction Moratorium
• The Eviction Diversion Program (EDP)
This program is best suited for individuals with some knowledge of or experience with mediation, but it is open to all.
Volunteer form will be included in the course materials. Please choose the appropriate registration option.
Sue Wasserkrug, Esq.
Good Shepherd Mediation Program
Stephanie Dorenbosch, Esq.
Tenant Union Representative Network
Government Affairs Manager
Pennsylvania Apartment Association
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY!
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML2 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML2 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML2 in the Checkout Cart