Attend via Webcast!
VIDEO ENCORE: Ethical Issues for Attorneys Serving on a Nonprofit Board
Many attorneys have the opportunity to join a nonprofit board throughout their careers. For anyone, this can be a very rewarding experience, bring opportunities to improve one’s skills, make valuable connections, and help a cause that is personally meaningful. However, whether you are a new or experienced attorney, there are many ethical considerations to take into account before serving.
This video-encore program will provide an in-depth look at common ethical issues lawyers encounter and provide practical tips for those considering serving or already serving on a nonprofit board. Some topics covered will include:
• Proper due diligence: what questions to ask and documents to request before joining
• Understanding organizational structure
• Understanding your role as a board member and how you can help with business decisions, risk management, and legal decisions
• Serving as legal counsel and a director
• Duties and limitations in the role of the attorney on a nonprofit board according to rules of professional conduct
• Conflicts of interest and board member fiduciary duties
• Board member limited liability, D&O insurance, and indemnification
• Other ethical issues that may arise in the course of Board service
Jeffery A. Dailey, Esq.
Philadelphia, PA / Media, PA / New York, NY
Noel A. Fleming, Esq.
Fleming Petenko Law
Kayci D. Petenko, Esq.
Fleming Petenko Law
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: (Codes pertain to CLE option ONLY)
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML2 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML2 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML2 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!