VIDEO ENCORE: Coronavirus and Your Mental Health: A Lawyer’s Guide to Coping with Isolation, Anxiety and Fear in Uncertain Times
We know that you are most likely being bombarded with messages about the Coronavirus, whether that be on television, social media, or in your community networks. At uncertain times like this, anxiety, stress, fear and negative thoughts can easily take control. You may be worried about being in crowds, your loved ones, your seniors, your office, your clients, your finances or how to manage isolation.
Recent studies have shown that there has been a dramatic increase in impairment due to alcoholism, addiction and mental health disorders among members of the legal profession. The statistics are compelling and clearly indicate that 1 out of 3 attorneys will likely have a need for substance use or mental health services at some point in their careers. Accordingly, unexpected events like those we are facing as a society will have an even greater impact on lawyers and those who work with them.
In light of this unprecedented pandemic and it’s far reaching impact, the video-encore CLE program will highlight:
• The prevalence rates of impairment in the legal profession due to substance use and mental health issues
• Causes and symptoms of depression, stress and anxiety
• The impact of COVID-19 crisis on mental health issues and the role isolation plays
• Fear associated with the uncertainty surrounding the future of the legal industry
• Well- being strategies to reduce or alleviate these conditions
• Ethical dilemmas created by the Coronavirus crisis, including remote supervision of attorneys and staff, record and timekeeping, data security and confidentiality in the remote office setting
• The early warning signs of impairment in both office and personal settings
• Why legal professionals are at higher risk to develop mental health and substance use disorders
• Challenges and barriers facing legal professionals from seeking help
• The free, confidential services provided by Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers to lawyers, their family members, judges and law students
• The role that education plays in breaking the stigma and fear associated with addiction and mental illness in the legal profession
• Resources available to both lawyers and support staff
Don't miss this important program focusing on mental health and well-being in the pandemic era.
Brian S. Quinn, Esq.
Education and Outreach Coordinator
Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers of PA, Inc.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!