SPEAKERS LIVE via WEBCAST
Hosted by the Criminal Justice Section
Four County Criminal Practice Update: Practice and Protocols in Pandemic Times and Beyond
This timely 3-hour CLE program will focus on the surrounding county criminal practice and protocols developed during the pandemic that relate to bench, jury and other trials and dispositions in each county. The class is designed to provide up to date information on how Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware and Montgomery counties have developed protocols to proceed with the disposition of their criminal case load. Additionally, a demonstration of Philadelphia county's new virtual preliminary hearing protocols will be given to offer guidance on how Philadelphia preliminary hearings will proceed.
Panelists will address the following topics among others:
• Real life practice and procedures in the counties from a criminal defense perspective
• New Philadelphia protocols to facilitate virtual prisoner visits between attorneys and their imprisoned clients
• New protocols for court appointed attorneys
• Philadelphia's District Attorney’s Office preliminary hearing program
• Court administrator update regarding the roll out of Philadelphia bench trials and the considerations for establishing "live" jury trial protocols
If you are a criminal practitioner in the five county region, this is a "Can't Miss" CLE program! Fulfill your requirements for compliance, and hear the latest updates and procedural changes as criminal court operations resume.
Troy H. Wilson, Esq.
Troy H. Wilson, Esquire, LLC
James. A. Funt, Esq.
Greenblatt, Pierce, Funt and Flores, LLC
Honorable Wallace Bateman
Bucks County Court of Common Pleas
Honorable William R. Carpenter
Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas
Richard T. McSorley, Esq.
Deputy Court Administrator, Criminal Division
Court of Common Pleas, First Judicial District
Kathryn C. Coviello Cacciamani, Attorney at Law
Michael J. Diamondstein, Esq.
Michael J. Diamondstein, P.C.
Deborah Watson-Stokes, Esq.
Assistant District Attorney
Municipal Court Unit
Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!