FEATURED SPEAKER LIVE via WEBCAST
Conflicts, Contracts and Costs: Tuning Up Your Ethics, Office Systems, Client Relationships, and Operating Documents
In the time of remote operations, attorneys must reflect on their ethical responsibilities and “tune up” their practice. As they run their office, develop and maintain their client relationships, attorneys have a number of considerations to be aware as they navigate practice in the new normal. In this ethics CLE program, featured speaker, Claude E. Ducloux, examines central concepts of conflict of interest and how to avoid such conflicts with better skills and awareness; explores the tools to develop, maintain and cultivate client relationships; as well as, highlights and offers strategies geared towards contemporary practice and a modernized office.
This program will address the following:
Conflicts of Interest: You Can’t Be Everyone’s Best Friend…or Their Lawyer
- Four Situations which Prohibit Representation
- Understanding Common “Encounter Points” for Conflicts
- Resolving the Conflict Ethically
- Conflicts via Website Contact
- Rights and Duties concerning disclosure
- Doing Business With the Client
Modernizing Your Office: Ethical Contracts and Safety
- The New Contract Provisions
- Cybersecurity, Password Managers, and Office Systems review
- Privacy Training and Statutes
- Handling Requests for “second opinions”
- File Destruction
The Client Relationship
- Office Practice, and mandatory Communications
- Interviewing Skills – Goal Setting and Reasonable Expectation
- Settlement Psychology – Cultivating Relationship with Counsel
- Handling Difficult Clients, and Difficult Opposing Counsel
- Billing practices for Success
- Avoiding Fee Disputes and Claims
- Correct Use of Client Trust Accounts
Attend to hear this energetic speaker and earn 2 ethics credits while getting a practical skills training "tune up!"
We thank our generous program sponsor:
Claude E. Ducloux, Esq., Director of LawPay Education, Ethics and Compliance, LawPay Affinity Solutions
Mr. Ducloux speaks regularly on Legal Ethics, Law Office Management, and Trial-Related topics. In 2011, he won the highest statewide award from the State Bar of Texas for lifetime contribution to CLE, and has been invited to speak in more than 250 programs in since Jan 1, 2015, and has more than 100 published columns and papers. Mr. Ducloux has a long legacy of bar service, and on January 1, 2018, was appointed to the Supreme Court of Texas Disciplinary Rules & Referenda Committee. He is Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and Past President of the Austin Bar Association, and Past-Chair of the Texas Bar Foundation and Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTION ONLY!
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!