SPEAKER LIVE via WEBCAST
Staying Secure Electronically in the Days of COVID-19
Presented with the Dauphin County Bar Association
As much of the world is require to stay home, attorneys are having to quickly create home offices for themselves and their staff. While there are many issues that come along with working from a home office, a key issue involves confidentiality. In order to provide the appropriate level of confidentiality, it is critical that we use secure technology and follow best practices for data security. This includes using appropriate communications tools, watching out for scammers who are increasing their efforts to steal our data, and setting up an appropriate home office.
In this informative webcast, ethics attorney and consultant, Jennifer Ellis, will explore steps you can take to secure your home office and e-communications. She will also examine common online and phone scams and explain how to minimize your and your clients’ risk.
Topics to be addressed include:
• General electronic security risks
• How scammers are trying to steal data and what you can do to stop them
• Setting up a secure home office with an appropriate Internet connection
• Securing your electronic communications
• Addressing risks with your clients by providing disclaimers and advising them on security
• Ethical rules related to confidentiality, including Pennsylvania’s Safe Harbor
Don’t risk an ethical or malpractice nightmare. Make certain you understand the risks relating to client data, home offices, and electronic communications, and how to properly mitigate those risks.
Jennifer Ellis, Esq.
Jennifer Ellis, JD, LLC
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!