ATTEND via WEBCAST
VIDEO ENCORE: Deposition Skills Every Courtroom Litigator Needs to Know
These attorneys with expertise in the field offer effective deposition strategies and techniques every courtroom litigator needs to know!
Preparing for and Taking Depositions
• Preparing for deposition in today's electronic world
• Obtain key information effectively from the difficult witness
• Neutralize the "independent" medical exam witness and subsequent treating physician
• Special considerations for third-party witnesses
Preparing Your Witness and Defending the Deposition
• Importance of understanding your case
• Key points to go over with the witness
• Use of documents in witness preparation
• Dealing with non-party witnesses and experts and ethical issues
Strategic Do's & Don'ts for Your Case
• Getting the testimony you need from particular witnesses
• Creating the case narrative
• Properly forming the right type of question
• "Defensive" and "offensive" questioning of witness
Technology for Today's Deposition
• Use of text map and iPad app to streamline use of exhibits and flow of deposition
• Use of smart deps
• Using deposition technology tools in mediation and/or trial
• Dealing with the difficult opposing counsel
• Proper Objections
• Instructions Not to Answer
• Limits of Proper Questioning
• Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product Protection
Originally presented with Raynes Lawn Hehmeyer attorneys:
A. Roy DeCaro, Esq.
Timothy R. Lawn, Esq.
Mark J. LeWinter, Esq.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!