Attend via Webcast!
Power of Attorney, Health Care Directive and Living Will - Understanding All Three Documents and Avoiding Pitfalls
This practical video-encore examines a basic trifecta of estate planning documents, Power of Attorney, Health Care Directive and Living Will. Panelists will address issues practitioners must consider when drafting a power of attorney (POA) to avoid problems for their clients and their clients' families down the road. Attendees will gain insights on how to craft effective POAs as well as tips for advocacy. Panelists will also offer guidance on living wills and health care directives, including exploring the difference between a living will and power of attorney and what documents may work best together.
The program will highlight changes in the law and considerations when discussing the delicate issue of the need for these documents with clients. Along with defining these documents, panelists will answer questions, such as:
• Should health care decisions be discussed in the power of attorney?
• What should a client do if they do not have living will when the health care provider asks for one?
• Do clients need to prepare these documents in advance?
Panelists will include references to "real life" examples, references to Act 95, Pennsylvania's Power of Attorney statute, various changes to prior law, as well as sample documents.
Timothy J. Holman, Esq.
Smith Kane Holman LLC
Maureen M. Farrell, Esq.
Law Offices of Maureen M. Farrell
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: (Codes pertain to CLE option ONLY)
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC2 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC2 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC2 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!