Hosted by the Immigration Law Committee with the American Immigration Lawyers Association Philadelphia Chapter
PRESENTERS LIVE via WEBCAST
Scaling the Wall of Public Chargeability: New USCIS and U.S. DOS Forms and Rules
Effective February 24, 2020, both the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the U.S. Department of State (DOS) instituted new rules and new forms pertaining to financial self-sufficiency which all immigrants seeking Lawful Resident Status are now required to complete. These forms are onerous, extremely difficult to complete and most confusing.
Please join your colleagues to hear our featured speakers address the practical implications of the new rules, while they review how to complete the forms line-by-line.
The following forms and content will be covered:
• USCIS Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency ( 18 pages!)
• USDOS Form DS-5540 (4 pages)
• Ideas regarding how to simplify/streamline the document collection process
Bring your laptops, notepads, pens and pencils and your creative lawyering skills as we review the forms and share ideas to navigate the document completion process!
Natalie Richman, Esq.
Law Offices of David E. Piver
Emma Tuohy, Esq.
Landau, Hess, Simon, Choi & Doebley
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!