LIVE via WEBCAST
Workers' Compensation Compliance Crusher: 2020 Update on Important Issues in Workers' Compensation Practice
Hosted by the Workers' Compensation Section with the Solo and Small Firm Management Committee
This program offers practical updates and tips for the most seasoned workers’ compensation attorneys, paralegals, and judges and is a must attend for those just starting out! The program will focus on relevant issues, recent developments and case law affecting work place injuries and workers’ compensation claims. Panelists will offer guidance on a wide range of topics that include fatal claims, rideshare, subrogation, minor and spousal issues, appellate rule changes, and claim resolutions.
Panelists will address the following topics among others:
Minor Issues when dealing with Fatal Claims: What about the Children?
- Do we have a legal and/or ethical obligation to protect the interests of the derivative claim of a minor when settling a Fatal Claim on behalf of the surviving spouse?
- Does the Appeal Board or any other Court have jurisdiction to appoint a Guardian to protect the interests of the minor's not yet ripe claim?
- Are there considerations regarding child support/spousal support that should be examined?
Workers' Compensation and Immigration
Update on Appellate Issues from Workers' Compensation Appeal Board Commissioner
Subrogation Issues and Third-Party Claims Issues
- Calculating the Net Lien and Future Distribution of Proceeds from the Balance of Recovery
- Analyzing the Third Party Settlement Agreement
- How to calculate the lien when the form doesn't work
- Third party recovery less than workers' compensation lien
- Third party recovery before workers' compensation benefits are paid
- Subrogation of private healthcare insurers versus public entities
- Legal and ethical considerations
Ride Share/Amazon/Lyft/Uber Claim Issues
Hon. Audrey K. Beach
- Statutory employment issues
- Average Weekly Wage issues
- Partial Temporary Disability issues
Don’t be fooled by other programs, this is the only program for comprehensive direction on Workers’ Compensation matters. Join us for a face-paced, in-depth afternoon on the hottest workers’ compensation issues and gain the strategies, background and confidence you need to successfully handle cases in your practice!
Workers' Compensation Judge
PA Department of Labor & Industry
Office of Adjudication
Commissioner Robert A. Krebs, Esq.
PA Workers' Compensation Appeal Board
James R. Bucilla, II, Esq.
Weber Gallagher Simpson Stapleton Fires & Newby, LLP
Kristine L. Calalang, Esq.
Co-Chair, Solo and Small Firm Management Committee
The Law Office of Kristine L. Calalang
Melissa R. Chandy, Esq.
Senior Associate, Pond Lehocky Giordano LLP
Lenard Cohen, Esq.
The Law Offices of Lenard A. Cohen, PC
Robert W. Elias, Esq.
Elias Mickle Kennedy LLC
Patrick W. Kenny, Esq.
Gross & Kenny, LLP
J.B. Todd McCoy, Esq.
Anthony J. Bilotti & Associates
Karenina Wolff, Esq.
Immigration and Family Law
Law Office of Karenina Wolff, Esq.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY!
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!