LIVE and WEBCAST
Effective and Appropriate Communication in Custody Matters
Hosted by the Family Law Section
Hear from mental health professionals how to counsel your clients to communicate effectively with the other parent/caregiver in custody matters. Panelists will address navigating shared legal custody and mindful communications, including the BIFF method. Dr. Green and Ms. Schwartz will specifically address the Code of Conduct and basic guidelines for co-parenting. They will also review best practices for daily communication and highlight how the use of technology and applications such as Our Family Wizard can promote efficacy in communication. They will also focus on helping clients set aside their anger and move away from a “Win/Lose” mindset to one of compromise and civility, and setting uniformity across households. Attorneys will be provided with tools they can utilize in their own cases and share with their clients. The panel will also focus on when shared legal custody is appropriate, how to navigate communication issues with the presence of a PFA or stay away order, and case law that addresses shared legal custody.
As Pennsylvania family courts focus on improving/implementing Parenting Coordination and mediation programs, practitioners will have an opportunity to spend an hour with experienced professionals who will provide a fresh perspective and creative approach to helping clients co-parent. This CLE is appropriate for practitioners with all levels of experience and an opportunity for to gain new tips and different perspectives on helping clients navigate and improve their co-parenting relationships.
Heather Kestner Green, PhD
Forensic Psychological Associates
Shana Schwartz, MSS, LCSW
Emily Vener-Giszter, Esq., MS, LPC CAADC
Vener Family Law and Mediation, LLC
Thank you to our generous sponsor:
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY (NOT ON LUNCH ONLY OPTION)
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!