To Be or Not To Be a Franchisor or Franchisee
You may have a client who owns and operates a successful business and, in considering options for how to continue growing and expanding that business, wants to investigate what would be involved in franchising the business model or system. On the other hand, you may have a client who is interested in becoming a franchisee of an existing franchise system. There are a lot of legal nuances and factors the prospective franchisor and prospective franchisee need to be aware of and fully consider before going down either of these paths.
This video-encore program will address the aforementioned issues and factors and examine, among other things:
• How franchising compares to other methods and forms of growing a business (including joint ventures, or maintaining sole ownership but opening other branches)
• What federal and state legal requirements exist and must be satisfied in order to establish a franchise system
• What protections potential franchisees may have in terms of geographic exclusivity, termination or transfers of their franchises, etc.
Franchise businesses represent an immense sector of the U.S. economy, accounting for more than half of all U.S. retail sales and one in every seven jobs today. Receive guidance and a basic understanding of the unique considerations and of legal nuances in the decision to become a prospective franchisor or prospective franchisee.
Harris J. Chernow, Esq.
Reger Rizzo & Darnall, LLP
Charles S. Marion, Esq.
Blank Rome LLP
Craig R. Tractenberg, Esq.
Fox Rothschild, LLP
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY (NOT ON LUNCH ONLY OPTION)
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!