LIVE and WEBCAST
What Now? Review of Third Circuit Decision in Cirko v. Commissioner of SSA
Hosted by the Social Security Disability Committee
On January 23, 2020, the Third Circuit issued an opinion regarding application of exhaustion requirements to Lucia v. SEC, 138 S. Ct. 2044 (2018), challenges to Social Security Administration ALJs – Cirko v. Commissioner Social Security, No. 19-1772 (3d Cir. 2020). In this timely and relevant program, Thomas Sutton will discuss his recent precedential win in the Third Circuit case. The Third Circuit held that Social Security disability claimants are not required to exhaust Appointments Clause challenges before the very administrative law judges (ALJs) whose appointments they are challenging. The decision addresses important exhaustion issues stemming from the US Supreme Court decision in Lucia v. SEC.
Mr. Sutton will also provide tips for Social Security practice in federal court based on his extensive experience.
If you are a Social Security Administration practitioner, this is a “can’t miss” program!
Thomas D. Sutton, Esq.
Leventhal Sutton & Gornstein
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY (NOT ON LUNCH ONLY OPTION)
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!