LIVE and WEBCAST
Regional Water Challenges in the Next 30 Years: An Interactive Seminar from a Director of the Water Center at the University of Pennsylvania
Hosted by the Environmental and Energy Law Committee
Philadelphia and the surrounding region are blessed with an abundance of water, informing its history and character over several centuries. As one of the largest and oldest municipalities in the United States, Philadelphia’s watersheds have long industrial and agricultural legacies. While development and population rise, the region remains anchored by the poorest large city in America. The region thus faces complex, long-term challenges in remaining a world leader in protecting and providing access to this critical resource. This interactive presentation will address the current “State of the Waters” in the region and discuss how best to frame and prioritize the threats and opportunities facing the region in the long-term.
Featured presenter, Karl Russek, Director of Programs and Applied Research at The Water Center at University of Pennsylvania, will highlight the following topics among others:
• Introduction to The Water Center at the University of Pennsylvania
• Water as a Universal Connector: Fundamentals of Integrated Water Resource Management
• Current siloed approach to water regulation and funding
• What makes this region special?
• Identifying interesting challenges and issues
• Planning for long-term uncertainty in the hydrologic regime
• Discussion on identification and prioritization of challenges
Join your colleagues in the Environmental and Energy Law Committee for a lively presentation on the current “State of the Waters” in our region!
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY (NOT ON LUNCH ONLY OPTION)
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
4. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
5. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
6. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNMWC1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!