Attorney Fee Agreements - Ethical, Legal and Practical Consideration
This video-encore program explores the fee agreement and its ethical, legal and practical considerations. Attendees will learn how to avoid the common mistakes attorneys make when entering into fee agreements with clients, as well as, how to address those issues which often arise when representation ends or the client hires a new attorney. The presentation will also include a role play of a fee dispute mediation.
Practitioners with expertise will address and highlight the following:
• A look at the Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Conduct relevant to fee agreements
• Contingent fee issues including quantum meruit and the PA Supreme Court case Meyer Darragh et al. v. Law Firm of Malone Middleman
• Retainer fee issues and those items which should be outlined in your agreement
A beneficial program for all practice areas.
Arthur N. Brandolph, Esq., Partner, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, Philadelphia
Cheryl Cutrona, Esq., Cutrona Resolutionary Services, Philadelphia
Andrew E. DiPiero, Jr., Esq., Baratta, Russell and Baratta, Huntingdon Valley, PA
John Encarnacion, Esq., Senior Trial Attorney, Nationwide Insurance, Philadelphia
Linda F. Rosen, Esq., Wyncote
Amy Seefeld, Esq., Philadelphia
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY (NOT ON LUNCH ONLY OPTION)
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!