Ethics and Malpractice Avoidance
This program will provide guidance to attorneys regarding how to protect themselves and minimize their chances of being sued for malpractice or being subject to other ethical issues. Panelists will address the primary reasons why attorneys are sued, the stages of a representation where attorneys get into trouble, practical steps an attorney can take to minimize risk, as well as professional liability insurance, which is critical in protecting the law firm and the attorney in the event of legal malpractice.
Panelists will address the following:
- Most common claims against lawyers
- Leading causes of Lawyers Malpractice claims
- Identify conflicts of interest
- Recognize tools to aid in defense if you are sued
- Tips to strengthen the attorney-client relationship
- Gain insight and miscellaneous tips to minimize risk
- Choosing and understanding the policy, coverage details and list of provisions
Attendance for CLE credit earns Philadelphia Bar Association members a discount on their malpractice insurance, advised and administered by USI Affinity. The discount does not apply to part-time policies.
Josh J.T. Byrne, Esq. - Swartz Campbell, LLC, Philadelphia
Andrew Feldman - Claim Consultant, CNA Lawyers Professional Liability
Mark LeFever - Vice President, Sales and Client Management, USI Affinity
Kristy M. Castagna, Esq. - Kane, Pugh, Knoell, Troy & Kramer, LLP, Philadelphia
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES: FOR CLE CREDIT OPTIONS ONLY (NOT ON LUNCH ONLY OPTION)
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML1 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML1 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML1 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!