Sponsored by LawPay
FREE to Philadelphia Bar Association members in good standing!
In both jury and nonjury trials, dealing with difficult witnesses is a crucial skill for attorneys. This video-encore program, Strategies for Witness Examination: Yours and Theirs, will explore the best tactics for handling your own witnesses, as well as opposing counsels'. Featured speaker, Claude E. Ducloux, will examine how witnesses fit into your overall case strategy, and then outline best practices to master the art of witness prep and examination. He'll also explain how to tune in to important nonverbal signals in the courtroom, and review some key ethical principles to guide your witnesses examination tactics.
This 2-hour program will address the following, among other topics:
- When and why you need witnesses
- Explaining the witness’ role – demeanor and presentation
- The importance of credibility: body language, certainty and skill
- Understanding your own case theory: the elevator speech
- Making questions and answers comprehensible
- Choreography and use of exhibits
- Framing issues and witness preparation
- Special skills of handling experts
- Avoiding improper objections and arguments
- Listening skills: critical to success
- The danger of cross examining a non-credible witness
- Ethical considerations involving presentation of evidence
A "Must Attend" program for all trial practitioners. Earn one of your two required ethics credits FREE as a Philadelphia Bar Association member in good standing.
Claude E. Ducloux, Esq., Director of LawPay Education, Ethics and Compliance, LawPay Affinity Solutions
Mr. Ducloux speaks regularly on Legal Ethics, Law Office Management, and Trial-Related topics. In 2011, he won the highest statewide award from the State Bar of Texas for lifetime contribution to CLE, and has been invited to speak in more than 250 programs in since Jan 1, 2015, and has more than 100 published columns and papers. Mr. Ducloux has a long legacy of bar service, and on January 1, 2018, was appointed to the Supreme Court of Texas Disciplinary Rules & Referenda Committee. He is Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and Past President of the Austin Bar Association, and Past-Chair of the Texas Bar Foundation and Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
NON-MEMBERS - IMPORTANT REGISTRATION CODES:
LIVE In-Person Registrants
1. Non-Member Government Attorney or Judicial Non-Member, please enter PROMO Code GVNML2 in the Checkout Cart
2. Non-Member Legal Services/Public Interest Attorney, please enter PROMO Code LSPINML2 in the Checkout Cart
3. Non-Member Court Reporter or Non-Member Paralegal, please enter PROMO Code CRPLNML2 in the Checkout Cart
Registration amount and category will be verified prior to credits being reported!